Cobra 5" Racing Frame
Cobra 5" Racing Frame
Designed in Texas!
The Cobra 5" racing quadcopter is a stretch X, light weight, extremely durable, easy to work on airframe designed for high performance FPV Drone Racing.
EXTREME DURABILITY: The Cobra was created to be the ultimate frame in terms of durability when on a race track. What sets the Cobra apart from other frames is the innovative CLS (channel lock system) which captures the carbon fiber arm at 3 different points with minimal hardware, resulting in a frame with extreme durability. The stack is mounted to a 3mm thick carbon fiber bottom plate, allowing an appropriate amount of flex while still preventing the unwanted energy transfer from an aluminum center plate to your stack in a hard crash. Instead of an aluminum center plate bending beyond repair in a hard crash, the carbon fiber bottom plate flexes just enough to save your expensive stack. The CLS plates are located at the front and rear of the frame, and are not connected to the stack in any way. The arms are anchored by the CLS plate in 3 different positions, which completely eliminates "arm wiggle", even after continuous crashing.
EASY MAINTENANCE: Arm changes can be done in 60 seconds! The Cobra's innovative CLS plate design also allows for easy maintenance in the event of a broken arm (broken arms are few and far between). To change an arm, simply remove the screw anchoring the arm to the CLS plate, remove the three motor screws, and slide the arm out.
INTERCHANGEABLE ARMS: The arms for the Cobra are the same 5mm arms as those used on our Cobra Lite and Cobra SLX 5" racing frames. The aluminum CLS plates are also interchangeble with those used on the Cobra Lite. This minimizes the need to buy extra spares.
SHARP CORNERING: The stretch X design of the Cobra translates into a nimble quadcopter in the air. The 223mm wheelbase allows for stable flight, while the stretched X design makes for sharp cornering. This is a frame that will make you smile both during the build and while flying.
LINK TO ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS: https://www.skyreadyrc.com/store/manuals/cobra_assembly_instructions_v2.pdf
LINK TO OPTIONAL TPU CANOPY AND FIN: https://skyreadyrc.com/store/cobra-canopy-w-removable-turtle-fin.html
LINK TO OPTIONAL TPU TOP PLATE PROTECTOR AND FIN: https://skyreadyrc.com/store/cobra-top-plate-protector-w-removable-turtle-fin.html
- 3K carbon fiber arms (5mm thick)
- 3K carbon fiber bottom plate (3mm thick)
- 3K carbon fiber top plate (2mm thick)
- Billet machined aluminum CLS Plates (Channel Lock System)
- Beautifully printed TPU parts (stubby mount, RX antenna tube holder, camera mount)
- 12.9 grade steel screws
- 16x16 motor mounting
- 223mm wheelbase
- Accommodates 30x30 and 20x20 stacks
- Airframe: 79g (including hardware)
- 4 x 5mm 3K carbon fiber arms
- 1 x 3mm 3K carbon fiber bottom plate
- 1 x 2mm 3K carbon fiber top plate
- 2 x Billet machined aluminum CLS Plates
- 1 x TPU adjustable camera mount/ protector
- 2 x TPU camera mount eccentric bushings
- 1 x TPU stubby antenna mount
- 1 x TPU receiver antenna mount
- 1 x receiver antenna tube
- 4 x aluminum black textured 25mm standoffs
- 4 x 3x10mm 12.9 grade steel screws
- 4 x 3x16mm 12.9 grade steel screws
- 2 x 2x6mm camera screws
- 2 x camera screw washers